10 Steps To Gas Cylinder Safety
1. Read labels and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) before use.
2. Store upright and use in well ventilated, secure areas away from pedestrian or vehicle thoroughfare.
3. Guard cylinders against being knocked violently or allowed to fall.
4. Wear safety shoes, glasses and gloves when handling and connecting cylinders.
5. Always move cylinders securely with an appropriate trolley. Take care not to turn the valve on when moving a cylinder.
6. Keep in a cool, well ventilated area, away from heat sources, sources of ignition and combustible materials, especially flammable gases.
7. Keep full and empty cylinders separate.
8. Keep ammonia-based leak detection solutions, oil and grease away from cylinders and valves.
9. Never use force when opening or closing valves.
10. Don’t repaint or disguise markings and damage. If damaged, return to Elgas immediately